The gaming, hospitality and leisure industries represent a broad array of businesses that share important commonalities. Their reliance on consumers, coupled with their classification as luxury and discretionary, have made these industries especially vulnerable to the recent economic crisis. However, many properties previously leveraged with debt from expansions have been able to restructure, reorganize, and recapitalize. Others are looking to grow beyond U.S. borders.
BDO’s Gaming, Hospitality & Leisure practice understands the unique needs and complex issues faced by commercial and tribal casinos, restaurants, sports organizations, hotels and resorts. Focused on your reporting, compliance and consulting needs, our partners and directors combine experience as accounting, tax and consulting advisors with in-depth knowledge of the industry to provide timely and proactive guidance and a comprehensive suite of services.
Beyond our traditional audit, tax and consulting services, some of the specific ways BDO can help gaming, hospitality and leisure clients include:
- Hotel consulting, including market analyses, valuation studies, operational reviews, organizational assessments and property staffing
- Analysis and due diligence in connection with the acquisition, financing or disposition of real estate
- Plan preparation regarding distressed property refinancing or disposition
- Property damage claim services
- Debt restructurings and workouts
- Consulting in connection with tax-efficient dispositions of real estate and other proposed real estate transactions
- Cost segregation studies to increase tax depreciation through identification of assets with shorter recovery periods
- International tax planning including inbound and outbound transactions and repatriation